A few things I’m thankful for today…
- The hubby.
- The family.
- Awesome friends.
- Having a job.
- Having a roof over my head.
- My iPhone.
- Coke Zero.
- Christopher Nolan- I LOVE that man’s ability to direct!
I don’t care if I sound like some crazy cat lady. I love my cat.
For those of you who have never owned a cat, they are not the evil nemesis of dogs. They are not plotting to kill you. And if they could speak, they would not have bad grammar. Well, maybe some of them would….
They are amazing. They are loyal. They are loving. They are clean. They are smart. They are the best.
I mean, have you see Maru the Cat? If not, please go on YouTube now…
*Kelson wants me to preface that I’ve never owned a dog before. I don’t think that makes any of these statements less valid.
I love the weird spelling. I love saying “keen-WAH!” I love the nuttiness. I love that it’s protein filled. I love the texture and the fact they’re little balls. I love quinoa!
And to make room for you to just relax, enjoy end ends of summer, and count your blessings… I bring you a quick quinoa vegetarian meal to enjoy.
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 5 minced garlic cloves
- pinch of salt
1. Follow the instructions on the quinoa packaging and cook up the quinoa. *My instructions ask me to rinse the quinoa in a mesh strainer until water runs clear. Then cook in 4 cups of water and bring to boil. Turn heat to low and simmer until water is absorbed and you’re left with a pot of lovely quinoa- approximately 25 minutes.
2. Get a large bowl and throw in the quinoa. Mix in the dried cranberries and golden raisins. Mix in the bell peppers and cilantro.
3. Dressing! Get a small bowl and mix in the extra virgin olive oil, lime juice, mustard, garlic, and salt to taste. Mix well.
4. Pour the dressing onto the quinoa mix and toss lightly. Get ready for some light, fresh, deliciousness for dinner! Enjoy!